Thursday, July 10, 2008

Still Alive

(And no, the title's not a Portal reference. Those have been run into the ground. Damn you, Portal fans, for ruining a Jonathan Coulton song for me.)

Not a big post this time, just dropping by since I haven't updated in over a month now to say that I'm still here, and there's more content coming soon. I meant to write more in June, but I've been in overdrive mode working on my novel. I'm going to be finishing up the 18th of the 28 chapters of Project 27 Days this week, and I'm continuing along towards my goal I'm hellbent on meeting of completing said novel by mid-August so I can shift more of my attentions back to this thing, grad school searches (Though I may bite the bullet and endure another year here and see if I stand a chance of getting into UMass Amherst's graduate creative writing program next fall, seeing as they don't have spring admissions. If I'm really lucky, I'll be published by then. I'm hoping to find a good agent willing to represent me by sometime this fall if I can, as to get the book on shelves by next spring at the latest - speaking all in terms of ideals here. The agent query process is going to be hell, no doubt, with all the rejection it'll surely be filled with.), and finding an agent to work on getting Project 27 Days published by sometime next year if I'm lucky. (And I'm sure I'll be juggling a second novel on top of that.)

Anyway, I just wanted to drop by and say that I appreciate those of you coming by who are bothering to still check this blog out. It's not dead, just sort of sleeping for a little while since I'm keeping myself occupied. There's stuff going on in the news as is though, and E3 is next week. I guarantee I'll be doing another E3 entry then. (In fact, I may break it up into several smaller ones to improve readability, as opposed to one gigantic daunting wall of text. If you'd prefer I do that for the sake of readability, by all means, please comment and say so. I could use the feedback.) There've already been a number of great announcements in the past few days that I intend to babble about as is. (See: Captain Rainbow, Oneechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers, Mega Man 9 WiiWare, The Conduit, the new main series Tales Wii game, Spore, Arc Light Fantasia, Little King's Story, Spyborgs, Viva Pinata Pocket Paradise, Fatal Frame IV, Plunder, Away Shuffle Dungeon, A.S.H., Tales of Hearts, Elebits 2, Wario Land Shake, Fragile, Wii Music, Chrono Trigger DS, Namco's Idolm@ster style Wii dance game, and doubtlessly an assortment of announcements at E3 next week.)

In the meantime, I'm going to keep writing and doing a bit of gaming myself (Finished Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn a couple of weeks ago, trying to beat the final boss in Neutopia II and nearly to the end of Phantasy Star II on the Virtual Console now, and working on Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard on the DS.), whiling away the hot summer days. At least the year's over half over now.

Those of you who remember this blog exists and keep coming by to check for updates, your visits are much appreciated, believe me. I've just been keeping myself very busy with other things in regards to my writing, but no worries - your actually remembering this place isn't in vain. There'll be more good writing not too far off. I'm going to try to get a few more entries out over the course of this month in addition to the E3 one(s), and no doubt some more political ones as we get further into election season. After all my bitching and rambling about the subject before, I've been pretty quiet on that front since primary season ended and all. My overall feelings as of now amount to that while I think Obama'll be a far better president than George W. Bush (Though even a dead cat could do a better job than Dubya.), he's not a flawless candidate by any stretch either, nor someone to be deified. (More or less how I felt about Hillary Clinton overall, though I preferred Obama to her all along, and Kucinich over both of them.) McCain, on the other hand, is doing a good job consistently showing us that he'd be an abysmal president, the last person we'd want or need in the White House after eight years of Bush. (And it's hard not to look at things in an even more cynical light in watching HBO's John Adams miniseries on DVD lately. Really well-done show, by the way.)

Keep an eye on this place, at any rate. I'll be back and writing more again soon, both on gaming (As is inevitable) and more humor about a variety of subjects, as I haven't gotten back to much since February or so.

No comments: